- Hotel Accommodation Contract
Hotel Accommodation Contract
Article 1 Range of application
- The terms of the contract included in this Hotel Accommodation contract concluded with the hotel guests and the relevant contracts shall be formed pursuant to the provisions set forth in this contract, and regarding matter not prescribed in this contract shall be governed by laws and ordinances or the custom that has been established generally.
- When the hotel has accepted a special contract within the boundaries of laws, ordinances and custom, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, it is assumed that the special contract shall prevail.
Article 2 Application for the Accommodation Contract
- The person who intends to apply for accommodation contract to the hotel, please inform the following items to the hotel.
- Guest names
- Staying day(s) and estimated arrival time
- Hotel charges (Generally, according to the Appended Table 1: Basic Hotel Charges)
- Other matters deemed necessary by the hotel
- In the case where the guests, during their stay, request for the continuation of the accommodation beyond the dates already set forth in the preceding paragraph No. 2, the hotel will deal with that request as if an application has been made for a new Accommodation Contract.
Article 3 Various procedures at the time of Accommodation Contract
- The Hotel Accommodation Contract shall be concluded when the hotel has accepted the application from the potential hotel guests set forth in the preceding article. However, this is not applicable when it has been proved that the hotel did not give consent.
- When the Accommodation Contract has been established pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the guest(s) will be required to pay the application fee specified by the hotel, as the basic hotel charges for the staying period (for three days at maximum when staying longer than three days) by the due date that our hotel has notified.
- The application fee shall be, first of all, allotted to the hotel room charge payable eventually by the guests(s), and when a situation applicable to the provisions of Article 6 and Article 18 of this Contract has occurred, it will be appropriated in the order of breach damage and reparation, and finally, if there is a balance, we will refund it at the time of payment of the fee in accordance with the provisions of Article 12.
- The accommodation contract will lose its effect, unless the application fee in the second term of this Article has been paid by the due date that our hotel has notified. However, the cancellation is effective, only if the hotel has notice to that effect to the guests upon specifying the payment due date.
Article 4 Special contract in which it is assumed the application fee payment is not required
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the second paragraph of the preceding Article, after the contract has been established, the hotel may respond to a special contract which it is assumed that does not require the payment of the application fee as in the same paragraph.
- It will be also treated in accordance with the preceding paragraph of the special contract, upon acceptance of the offer of accommodation contract by the hotel, if the hotel did not require payment of the application fee of the preceding second paragraph and/or if the hotel did not specify the payment due date of the application fee.
Article 5 Denial of Accommodation Contract
- The hotel may not, in the following cases, agree to establish the accommodation contract.
- When the application for accommodation is not intended to comply with this Contract.
- When there is no vacant room, as all rooms are occupied.
- In the event that a person, who intends to stay, conducts or may conduct any gambling acts, violate laws and regulations, rules of the act, public policy, and/or good morals, with regard to accommodation.
- When a hotel guest can be clearly recognized as being contagious with a disease.
- When the hotel is requested by a hotel guest for the burden beyond a reasonable range with respect to the accommodation.
- When a hotel guest displays behavior that causes significant nuisance to other hotel guests.
- When a hotel guest should act violence, intimidation, extortion, intimidation of unreasonable request, or conduct request of burden that exceeds the reasonable range against the accommodation facility or accommodation staff (employees), or when once it is found to have carried out a similar act in the past by the same person.
- When it is not possible to allow the staying of guests due to natural disasters, failure of the facility, or by other unavoidable reasons.
Article 6 Cancellation rights of the Accommodation Contract by the guests
- Guests are allowed to ask for cancellation of the accommodation contract.
- The guest will be charged with a penalty of cancellation by the hotel, if he/she has terminated all or part of the Accommodation Contract by a reason attributable to him/her, as listed in Appendix No. 2
(except for the cases where the guest has canceled the Accommodation Contract before effecting the payment of the application fee when the hotel had specified the due date as per the provisions of Article 3, paragraph 2). However, for a guest with whom the hotel had agreed with the special contract not requiring the application fee payment following to Article 4, Paragraph 1, penalty of cancellation will be charged only when the hotel had notified the guest of the penalty of cancellation payment duty if the accommodation would be canceled.
- The hotel may assume that the accommodation contract has been canceled by a guest and treat in that manner, if the guest should not arrive at the hotel by 20:00 hours of the accommodation date without any contact (or two hours later than the predetermined arrival time, if such time had been explicitly indicated by the guest).
Article 7 Cancellation rights of the Accommodation Contract by the hotel
- The hotel may, in the following cases, cancel the accommodation contract.
- In the event that a person, who intends to stay, conducts or may conduct any gambling acts, violate the laws and regulations, rules of the act, public policy, and/or good morals, with regard to accommodation.
- When a hotel guest can be clearly recognized as being contagious with a disease.
- When a guest works for a corporation in which an officer of that corporation is a gangster.
- When a hotel guest has displays behavior that causes significant nuisance to other hotel guests.
- When a hotel guest can be regarded that he/she should act violence, intimidation, extortion, intimidation of unreasonable request, or conduct request of burden that exceeds the reasonable range against the accommodation facility or accommodation staff (employees), or when once it is found to have carried out a similar act in the past by the same person.
- When a hotel guest will not observe the prohibited matter in the use rule that the hotel establishes.
- When it is not possible to allow the staying of guests due to natural disasters or by other unavoidable reasons.
- When not observing the prohibited matter in the use rule that the hotel established, including an act of smoking in bed, mischievous act to facilities for firefighting and other matters necessary for fire prevention.
- The hotel will not charge the guest of the accommodation fee relevant to the one that has not yet been provided for the guest, when the hotel has canceled the Accommodation Contract for the guest in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
Article 8 Registration of Accommodation
- The guest will be required to register him/herself the following items at the hotel front on the accommodation day.
- Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the hotel guest
- Nationality, passport number, entry place and date to the country, in the case of a foreigner
- Departure date and time from the hotel
- Other matters deemed necessary by the hotel
- When a hotel guest will make payment of the hotel fees set forth in Article 12 by traveler's checks, vouchers, a credit card, or any other alternative to cash; it is required to present such means of payment in advance at the time of the registration set forth in the preceding paragraph.
Article 9 Guest room's usable time
- Time that guests can use the registered rooms of the hotel shall be from 3:00 pm of the day of the registration till 10.00 am on the following date. However, in the case of accommodation in succession you can use all day, with the exception of the arrival date and departure date.
- The hotel may, regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, may respond to the overtime use request of the registered rooms. In this case, guests will be charged an additional fee, as listed below.
- 30% of the room rate equivalent, in excess up to 3 hours
- 60% of the room rate equivalent, in excess up to 6 hours
- 100% of the room rate equivalent, in excess over 6 hours
- The room rate equivalent amount referred to in the preceding paragraph, it will be 70% of the basic accommodation fee.
Article 10 Compliance with the usage rules
- Guests are, within the hotel, requested to follow the usage rules which the hotel has determined and posted in the premises.
Article 11 Business hours
- The detailed business hours of the main facilities and other facilities of the hotel, are guided to the guests by the provided brochures, notices at relevant places, and in the service directories equipped in the guest room.
Article 12 Payment of the hotel fees
- The breakdown of the hotel fees payable by the guests are listed in Appendix 1.
- Payment of the hotel fees set forth in the previous paragraph shall be payable at the hotel front desk upon departure of the guest or whenever the hotel claims, by cash, traveler's checks, vouchers, a credit card, or any other alternatives.
- The hotel fee shall be paid by a guest, even if accommodation was provided to the guest in the usable condition and the guest did not arbitrarily use it.
Article 13 Responsibility of the hotel
- The hotel, when the guest has suffered damage caused by the fulfillment or failure of the contract for accommodation contract and related to this by the hotel, shall be responsible for compensation of the damage. It shall not be applicable, however, when it is not attributable to the reason of the hotel.
- The hotel has been operated on the basis of the fire prevention object periodic inspection report system, and moreover, we have also subscribed to the inn liability insurance, in order to deal with the event of fire, etc.
Article 14 Handling when the guest room, which has been contracted, cannot be provided
- When it is not possible to provide a room prepared for the guest by contract, the hotel shall, with the consent of the guest, find another accommodation by the same condition as much as possible.
- Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, when the hotel cannot mediate other accommodations, it shall effect payment to the guest of compensation money of the amount of cancellation cost equivalent, and such compensation money shall be appropriated to the amount of damages. However, the compensation money shall not be payable, when there is no reason attributable to the hotel that the room cannot be provided to the guest.
Article 15 Handling of deposited goods
- Regarding an article, goods, cash, and valuables that a hotel guest had deposited at the front desk, the hotel shall compensate the guest for the harm such as loss or damage has occurred, except in cases of duly justified force majeure. However the hotel shall compensate it for the damage up to 150,000 Yen, when the hotel had demanded for the clear statement of the kind of articles and price regarding the cash and the valuables, but the guest did not present it.
- Regarding an article, goods, cash, and valuables that a hotel guest had brought into the hotel premises but had not deposited at the front desk, the hotel shall compensate the guest for the harm such as loss or damage has occurred by intention or at fault of the hotel. However the hotel shall compensate it for the damage up to 150,000 Yen concerning the articles whose clear statement of the kind of articles and price have not been presented by the guest.
Article 16 Safekeeping of the baggage or the surroundings of the hotel guest
- The hotel will store the baggage of a guest that had arrived at the hotel prior to staying with responsibility, only when the hotel has agreed with before the arrival of it, which will be handed-over to the guest upon the check-in at the front desk.
- If a baggage or a surrounding had been left behind in the hotel after the guest has checked out, the hotel shall, when the owner is found, contact the owner and ask for further instructions. However, if there is no indication of the owner, or when the owner is not known, it shall be stored for seven days including the date it was found, then it shall be reported and sent to the nearest police station.
The responsibility of the hotel concerning the safekeeping of the baggage or the surrounding of the guest in the case of the preceding paragraph, shall conform to the first paragraph of the preceding Article in the case of the first paragraph of the same Article, and shall conform to the second paragraph of the preceding Article in the case of the second paragraph of the same Article.
Article 17 Management responsibilities in the parking lot
- If the guest is to use the hotel's parking lot, whether or not the vehicle key is deposited with the hotel or not, the hotel shall not bear any responsibility regarding the management of the vehicle, as the hotel intends to lend the parking space only. However, the hotel shall be liable for damages if damage is caused by the intention or the negligence of the hotel upon management of the parking lot.
Article 18 Responsibility of the hotel guest
- When the hotel has suffered damage by the intention or the negligence of the hotel guest, such guest shall be liable for compensating the damages to the hotel.
Appendix 1: Amount payable by the hotel guest (Re: Article 2, Paragraph 1; Article 3, Paragraph 2; Article 12, Paragraph 1)
|Accommodation fee||(i) Basic hotel charges (Room rate + Dinner and breakfast price)
a. General consumption tax
b. Bath tax
|a. (i) × 8%
b. Yen 150
|Additional charges||(iii) Additional eating and drinking charges (other than the basic hotel charges) and other charges
c. General consumption tax
|c. (iii) × 8%|
Remarks: Child's fee (Applicable to less than elementary schoolchild)
- If you provide meals and bedding pursuant to adults, 70% of the adult rate
- If you provide meals and bedding for children, 50% of the adult rate
- If you provide bedding only, 30% of the adult rate
- For no provision of meals and bedding infant, you will be charged 3,000 yen per person. However, it is an applicable to less than elementary schoolchild.
Appendix 2: Penalty of cancellation (Re: Article 62, Paragraph 2)
|The date the contract termination was received||Number of guests|
|1-14 people||15-30 people||31-100 people||101 and over|
|No stay without contact||50%||50%||70%||70%|
|On the day||50%||50%||70%||70%|
|The day before||20%||20%||50%||50%|
|2 days before||20%||20%||20%||25%|
|3 days before||20%||20%||20%||25%|
|5 days before||* * *||20%||20%||25%|
|6 days before||* * *||* * *||20%||25%|
|7 days before||* * *||* * *||20%||25%|
|8 days before||* * *||* * *||10%||25%|
|14 days before||* * *||* * *||10%||15%|
|15 days before||* * *||* * *||* * *||10%|
|30 days before||* * *||* * *||* * *||10%|
- The "%" in the list indicates the ratio of the cancellation penalty against the basic hotel fees.
- When the contract days are shortened, you will be charged for one day (the first day) cancellation penalty, regardless of the contracted days.
- When there is a cancellation of the contract regarding some members of a group (at least 15 people), you will not be charged with a cancellation penalty if the number of the people canceled is 10% or less (in round numbers) than the numbers of people reserved, as of ten days before the first accommodation date (or on the date of acceptance of reservation if made in shorter than 10 days).